Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers with more than 60 million visitors per month. We want to connect gamers around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat from everywhere they play.
What is OBS? Open Broadcaster Software is free and open source software for video recording and live streaming
OBS is completely free! Not a dime! There are no subscriptions or licenses, no payments at all. OBS is available to everyone, with source code publicly available on GitHub for anyone to help contribute.
Supported features include:
- Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC.
- Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVENC.
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources.
- Live RTMP streaming to Twitch, YouTube, DailyMotion, Hitbox and more.
- File output to MP4 or FLV.
- GPU-based game capture for high-performance game streaming.
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc).
- Windows 8 high-speed monitor capture support.
- Bilinear or lanczos3 resampling.
Twitch assets include the Twitch name, logo, social media icons, product shots, and photos/images included on this site.